Sunday, April 19, 2009

Another idea:

Something else I could do for this pretzel project besides reviews is kind of a spin-off of what Phillyskyline.com, a site which follows local architecture and goings-on, is doing in a section called Penny Postcards vs Philly Skyline. They take old postcards from the 20's-40's, usually a view of the skyline or an old building, and compare the view to how it looks today.

Here's one postcard example.

And here's another postcard.

Now, what I want to is this. Yesterday on fabulous PhillyHistory.org I found a bunch of images from the 30's of pretzel vendors.

Like this one:Now, what I want to do is have pictures of me or someone else holding soft pretzels in the same exact same spot, decades later. I could call it, Historic Pretzel Vending Spots, Yesterday and Today.





...this sounded a lot cooler in my head.

But maybe!

3 comments:

  1. I think it sounds like a pretty cool idea. I always love to see what places looked like years ago as opposed to today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really great idea. I bought a book a few years ago called Philadelphia: Then and Now (or something to that affect) that I always thought was facsinating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorite sites for historical photos is Shorpy (www.shorpy.com). I did a search on pretzels and it only came up with this photo from Cincinatti. But nonetheless, it's a fascinating site.

    http://www.shorpy.com/node/2671

    Doreva

    ReplyDelete